P-5 Bond -Texas Railroad Commission

Who needs to obtain and maintain a P-5 Bond with The Railroad Commission of Texas?

The Railroad Commission has jurisdiction over all of the following operations:

  • Drilling, operating, or producing any oil, gas, geothermal resource, brine mining injection, fluid injection, or oil and gas waste disposal well;
  • Transporting, reclaiming, treating, processing, or refining crude oil, gas and products, or geothermal resources and associated minerals;
  • Discharging, storing, handling, transporting, reclaiming, or disposing of oil and gas waste, including hauling salt water for hire by any method other than pipeline;
  • Operating gasoline plants, natural gas or natural gas liquids processing plants, pressure maintenance or re-pressurizing plants, or recycling plants;
  • Recovering skim oil from a salt water disposal site;
  • Nominating crude oil;
  • Operating a directional survey company;
  • Cleaning a reserve pit;
  • Operating a pipeline;
  • Operating as a cementer approved for plugging wells, operating as a cementer cementing casing strings or liners, or operating a well service company performing well stimulation activities, including hydraulic fracturing;
  • Operating an underground hydrocarbon or natural gas storage facility;
  • Gas and/or liquids company; or
  • Master metered properties.

Other operations may still fall under the RRC jurisdiction, please check with the RRC , if your company’s operations is not on the list above.

If your company’s operation are regulated by the Railroad Commission (RRC) of Texas, if will most likely need to provide financial assurance to the RRC in order to operate in TX, according to Statewide Rule 78.

Watch this informative video from the Railroad Commission of Texas

How Can We Help?

We can assist you in obtaining a financial assurance bond required by the RRC, if a cash deposit is not possible for your business.

Request a surety specialist to give you a call. Or call us at 832-253-8329